Point Reyes Nature Science Camp is designed to inspire young people to explore, discover and connect with themselves, each other and the natural world in the unparalleled beauty of Point Reyes National Seashore.
Camp programs combine outdoor adventuring with the best environmental education techniques, marine and coastal field excursions and traditional summer camp activities to create an unforgettable camp experience.
Our hand-picked staff of professional naturalists and experienced counselor intern naturalists have a well-earned reputation for creating exceptional adventure learning within a community of loving support.
Questions? Call us at 415-663-1200 x 306.
SESSION DATES & FEES
Registration began on January 16, 2014.
Full payment is required upon registration.
Please Note: Point Reyes Summer Camp sessions are optimally designed for the stated age groups. Please do not register your child in a session for which they are not eligible. Any child enrolled in a session for which they are not age-appropriate will be dropped from the program and a $50 processing charge will be retained.
Ages 7 to 9
Tuesday August 5 to Friday August 8
Ages 9 to 11
Two sessions available:
Monday July 14 to Friday July 18
Monday July 21 to Friday July 25
Ages 10 to 12
Two sessions available:
Monday June 23 to Friday June 27
Monday June 30 to Friday July 4
Supervision, instruction, accommodation, food, equipment, supplies and a camp t-shirt are included in the registration fee. Transportation to and from camp is not included.
NATURE SCIENCE CAMP ACTIVITIES
In addition to enjoying traditional camp activities including group games, storytelling, crafting and campfires, Nature Science campers help create their own schedule by choosing from a variety of activities and expeditions like these:
- Abbotts Adventure – Coastal lagoon exploration via canoe
- Animal Detectives – Discovery-based tracking adventure
- Backpacking – One night at Coast Camp with gear & equipment provided
- Biological Illustration – Nature drawing taught by renowned artist Ane Carla Rovetta
- Bird Nation – Observing & learning about local birds with biologists from Point Reyes Bird Observatory
- Botany Bonanza – Exploring, learning and practicing uses of native plants
- Downhill Hike – Discovering the ecology of fire
- Earth Art – Andy Goldsworthy-inspired art creating
- Epic Estero Expedition – Bird watching & wildlife viewing at Drake's Estero
- Farm to Fork – Meeting a local organic farmer, touring the farm, sampling & harvesting veggies for dinner
- First People – Visiting the Kule Loklo Coast Miwok Cultural Exhibit
- Marvelous Marsh – Ecology & wildlife study at Limantour Estero salt marsh
- Mountain Madness – Expedition to the summit of Mount Wittenberg, the highest peak in Point Reyes
- Meet the Giants – Taking a trip to the old growth redwoods of Samuel P. Taylor State Park
- Sea Lion & Surf – Viewing & learning about elephant seals & touring Point Reyes Lighthouse
- Tomales Bay Explorers – World-class tidepooling in the cleanest bay in California
- Trekkin' to the Point – Tracking, viewing & observing Point Reyes' tule elk herd
- Wilderness Skills – Learning wilderness skills including making fire with a bow drill