Six key elements determine physical fitness. This interactive session will help you learn to create a healthy exercise routine.
Six key elements determine your ability to maintain physical fitness. This interactive session helps you progressively create a more structurally-solid foundation. Individualized movements help address YOUR issues and focus on improving joint and spine health, balance, posture, endurance, flexibility and strength.
This is a combination lecture and participation which will give you tools for establishing a healthy exercise routine. Because movements are catered to each individual, exertion level will be what each participant is comfortable with. That’s called modification and almost every movement/exercise can be made easier or harder. Learning how to do this is part of taking care of our bodies and preventing injury.
• We start with establishing your unique baseline.
• Then you will assess your level in each of the 6 categories.
• Then we prioritize.
• We discuss, learn and practice exercises in each of the 6 categories.
• We discuss the benefits of each movement; understanding the benefits accelerates fitness and compliance.
• Each category has many options. The goal is to find ways to improve your physical health, wellbeing, and longevity by selecting just one or two movements in each category that resonate, feel achievable and are fun.
• Finally, we put it together so that you can practice and improve – that’s called progression.
• We will cover the difference between maintenance (and, yes, it takes work just to maintain where you are today) and progression. Everyone can progress. But preventing injury is part of incremental progression and learning how to do this can be game changing.
• By the end of class you will have a better understanding of how to weave fitness into your daily life so that you can more completely enjoy your outdoor adventures.
This session is an excellent companion experience to Learning to Learning How to Use Poles for Hiking and Exercise.
All Levels WELCOME!