The Perseids at Point ReyesAugust 12, 2021
Join us for Point Reyes National Seashore Association’s first ever Perseid meteor shower viewing. This year promises to be extra special as the peak days of the shower coincide with a crescent moon, making for an extra dark sky. In between meteor sightings, we will be offering lessons on astronomy and the night sky. This outdoor event is family-friendly, and everyone is welcome. We will meet at Bear Valley Visitor Center. Mark your calendars and get your wishes ready for this fun and interactive evening watching the best meteor shower of the year!
- There is no on site registration.
- Please try to arrive 10 to 15 minutes early for check-in.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- Waitlists are available.
- Sign up ends 48 hours before the event.
- Due to limited capacity, if you can no longer attend this event, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to make room for others.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Bring
- Day Pack
- Mask (required)
- Water Bottle
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Warm Variable Weather Clothing
- Comfortable Shoes
- Eventbrite Confirmation Email
- Blanket (Optional)
- Warm Beverage (Optional)
- Snacks (Optional)
- Camera (Optional)
- Binoculars (Optional)
Get to the Point
Point Reyes National Seashore Association is proud to host Get to the Point, a series of free and low-cost events for young adults and families interested in exploring the National Seashore in a new way. Every program is designed to be both educational and entertaining for adults and children. You can register for events on our website at ptreyes.org. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to be the first to know about events. For any questions about current or future events, please email email@example.com, or call at 415-663-1200, ext. 307.
In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and greatly appreciated.
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
- Do not attend this event if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
- Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave.
- Group sizes will be limited. There will be no physical contact or sharing of food and drink, and no shared physical equipment or materials unless they are sanitized before and after use, and used by only one person for the duration of the event.
During events all participants will be required to do the following:
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain a 6 foot physical distance from other participants not belonging to your household.
- Bring your own food and water.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.