Covid-19 Event Policy
To address growing concerns and cases of the Delta variant, we decided to exchange our large cocktail reception format for a socially distanced picnic with individually packed meals for attendees. Most importantly, we will require proof of vaccination status for everyone in attendance. We will not record any information from your vaccine card except for its validity. Your vaccination status will not be shared and will only be accessible to our two PRNSA staff event coordinators. Photos and QR codes will be deleted immediately, and all validity information will only be stored until November 9th (for potential contact tracing needs), and then permanently deleted.
You can submit your vaccination status when registering for the event (ideal!), or on the event day at the beginning of your hike. If you are only attending the picnic party portion of the event, there will be volunteers there to check your vaccination status. Unfortunately, we will be unable to allow event access to anyone who cannot provide proof of full vaccination. As such, we encourage everyone to submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com prior to the day of the event.
Pre-Event Registration (preferred!)
There are two types of vaccination proof that we will accept before the event date. Please email the option of your choice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Department of Health Vaccine Record. Many organizations and businesses are now using the CA vaccine record QR code as an option for access to events, restaurants, and more. If you’ve already accessed your QR code, just take a screenshot and email it to email@example.com. If you haven’t accessed it previously, now might be the time. It takes 3 minutes and only requires your name, birthday, and phone/email! You can follow instructions here on how to obtain the CA vaccine record.
- Photo copy of vaccine card and photo ID. If you cannot or do not want to access your CA vaccine record, you can also simply email a photo of your vaccination card and photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Day Registration
There are three types of vaccination proof that we will accept on the event date. Proof will be checked by volunteers at the hikes and/or picnic party.
- California Department of Health Vaccine Record. Refer to instructions above on how to access your CA vaccine record QR code. Save the QR code on your phone or print out a photo to show upon event arrival.
- Photo or paper copy of vaccine card and photo ID. If you cannot or do not want to access your CA vaccine record, you can bring your photo ID and save a photo of your vaccination card on your phone or print out the photo to show upon event arrival.
- Physical copy of vaccine card and photo ID. If you’d prefer, you can bring your physical vaccine card and a photo ID to be presented at the event.
Thank you for understanding our decision to proceed with caution. We will continue to monitor local COVID cases and protocols in the weeks leading up to our event.