ABOUT POINT REYES SUMMER CAMP
Point Reyes Summer Camp is staffed by a remarkable group of people who share a love for the natural world, great enthusiasm for outdoor adventure, and dedication to creating experiences that foster confidence in children and teens. Our programs promote inclusion, change lives, and inspire the next generation of environmental stewards. We host approximately 50 campers per session, and many campers return year after year.
Note: There is no cell phone reception, internet connection, or public transportation available at Clem Miller Environmental Education Center.
SUMMER CAMP JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Point Reyes Summer Camp is accepting applications for the following paid positions:
Assistant Camp Director
We are also accepting applications for our Counselors-In-Training youth volunteer program.
WHY WORK OR VOLUNTEER FOR POINT REYES SUMMER CAMP?
Staff live, work, and play in a supportive community of dedicated environmental educators while developing key personal and professional skills:
Teaching & Communication: Camp staff practice effective communication skills and connecting clearly with different audiences such as campers, fellow staff, and parents.
Leadership & Collaboration: At camp and beyond, teamwork makes the dream work!
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, & Creativity: Camp staff are challenged to think on their feet, manage risks, be flexible, and develop innovative ways to engage campers.
Food Handling & Hospitality: Camp staff help prepare and serve meals from our commercial kitchen and on-trail when leading backpacking trips.
Adventure and Exploration: The National Seashore is widely regarded as a hotbed of biological diversity with nearly forty species of land mammals, a dozen species of marine mammals, nearly half the bird species in North America, and over 900 species of vascular plants.
Check out this American Camp Association infographic on the value of camp work: Working At Camp Is A Real Job
For paid positions, please submit a PDF of your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We select applicants who possess varied and complementary skills, abilities, and life experiences. Please highlight your interest, qualifications, and personal attributes.
Please note, Point Reyes Summer Camp’s preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders.
1. Receipt of Application: We will acknowledge receipt of your application via email.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: Applicants that pass an initial screening will be contacted to submit responses to an online supplemental questionnaire.
3. Hiring Interview: Candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.
4. Reference Check: References should not live in the same household or be related to the applicant (ex: neighbor, coach, teacher, or past supervisor). Please provide a valid email address and daytime phone number for each reference.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting before beginning work. Failure to meet this prerequisite will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning Point Reyes Summer Camp job announcements or the application process, please email email@example.com or call (415) 663-1200 x 302.
PRNSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, national origin, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other nonmerit factor.