Jazz Up Your iPhone PhotographySat, February 26
The Silvermans have been teaching photography and leading workshops for over 20 years. The iPhone camera is the GREATEST! Do you like to hike, take a trip, join a family gathering, cook fun food, eat a special meal at a restaurant? Well, you undoubtedly have your phone with you and we want to help you maximize its potential.
Learn some editing tricks, conquer lighting challenges, find some special options that many of the phones have, explore some great apps for the phone camera. Pt Reyes is not only a wonderful place to learn, but to explore. You will have the opportunity to explore, learn and apply new techniques with your phone.
All series of the iPhone are welcome; Androids are welcome (although we do demonstrate with the iPhone) and no photo experience is necessary. You have probably been taking a lot of selfies, and other photos, but learn and explore some great techniques and ideas for taking your phone camera to the next level!
Susan and Neil Silverman are a husband-wife team who have taught and photographed together for over twenty years. They have been leading their own workshops for over fifteen years and taught for Great American Photography Workshops; for BetterPhoto.com, Santa Fe School, PPA affiliates, PPC, B&H Photo, Pacific North West Art School, Gualala Arts Center and the Santa Rosa Junior College. They have embraced the technology and creative aspects of the phone cameras and love sharing the excitement and immediate satisfaction that they offer. They take the digital phone photography to a whole new level of excellence and excitement!! Their website is www.silvermansphotography.com
Photo Credit: Susan and Neil Silverman
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
iPhone with charged battery
Androids welcomed with the understanding that demonstrations are done with the iPhone
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• We recommend that all participants continue to wear masks at this time, however, in accordance with CDC guidelines, exceptions can be made for fully vaccinated individuals
• Fully vaccinated individuals may remove masks for outdoor classes, but we recommend continuing to maintain a 4’-6’ distance from other participants
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering unless farther than 6’ from other participants in an outdoor class
• At this time masks are required for all participants indoors regardless of vaccination status
• Bring your own food and water
• We reserve the right to modify requirements as recommended by NPS regulations or local county health orders at the time of class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.