Journal Sketching and PaintingSat, August 5
Joan will meet participants at the Five Brooks Trailhead and demonstrate and discuss how to make a quick journal sketch. Beginner or advanced participants welcome! No experience necessary.
Then we will disperse and walk on the trail and stop to make journal sketches in pen or pencil. Joan will work with you individually on your journal drawings. We will picnic for lunch. After lunch we will meet back at the Trailhead and cars to paint in the journals with watercolor.
Joan will demonstrates watercolors and how to use them in a journal. These small quick sketches and a bit of color will be your memory of Pt Reyes! She gives insightful critiques throughout the day.
Joan Hoffmann has taught painting, drawing and woodblock printing with PRNSA for over twenty years. The Pt. Reyes Seashore landscape is home to her. She creates impressionistic landscapes in oil, watercolor and woodblocks. She lives in Vermont, but she grew up in California, and started her art career in California and the west. www.joanhoffmann.com
-We will be meeting at the Five Brooks Trailhead
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Journal, preferably with watercolor paper. Roller Ball Black pen, #2 pencil, erasure, small set of watercolors with brush and paper towel (arm rag, Jack Laws style works too).
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we ask all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
• Masks are optional but are strongly recommended when indoors or if gathered closely outside
• Please bring your own food and water
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.