The Art of Nature JournalingSat, May 6
Join us for an afternoon of outdoor art-making as we explore the practice of nature journaling in beautiful Point Reyes. Nature Journaling is a wonderful way to bring creativity into the spaces that inspire us the most. It allows us to slow down, connect to our environment, and learn our surroundings in a deeper way.
In this class, we’ll use observational life-drawing as a pathway to cultivate our attention and stretch our creative approach. We’ll play with artistic tools, such as composition, scale and contrast, that can be used with a variety of media and applications.
Students are encouraged to bring whatever art supplies that they’re comfortable with and/or inspired by. This class will take place on trails in the Bear Valley Area. It will include guided drawing exercises, gentle walking, and plenty of time for group and solo-art making. All levels welcome.
Tess Rubinstein is an artist and naturalist based in coastal California. She uses painting, printmaking, and textiles to explore the process of cultivating attention in everyday life. She received a BFA from the Pacific Northwest College of Art in 2017, and has since worked as an illustrator, educator, and muralist.
-We will be meeting at the Bear Valley Picnic Tables
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring
Journal or pad of paper with hard-backed surface
Drawing tools : pens and/or pencils
Lunch or snacks
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute volunteer facilitator, or are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Send an Email!
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we ask all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
• Masks are optional but are strongly recommended when indoors or if gathered closely outside
• Please bring your own food and water
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.