2022 Fitness for the Trail and for Life!February 12, 2022
Six key elements determine your ability to maintain physical fitness. This interactive session helps you progressively create a more structurally-solid foundation. Individualized movements help address YOUR issues and focus on improving joint and spine health, balance, posture, endurance, flexibility and strength.
This is a combination lecture and participation which will give you tools for establishing a healthy exercise routine. Because movements are catered to each individual, exertion level will be what each participant is comfortable with. That’s called modification and almost every movement/exercise can be made easier or harder. Learning how to do this is part of taking care of our bodies, recovering more easily from exertion and preventing injury.
All Levels WELCOME!
Once you register, PLEASE request instructor email to receive the special list of items you can bring to enhance your experience in this class.
Jayah Faye Paley is an ACE certified Trainer and Mobility Coach and the creator of an award-winning training on how to use POLES for Hiking, Walking and Mobility. Since 1998, Jayah has taught seminars helping and inspiring people of diverse abilities to achieve their fitness goals and more fully enjoy the outdoors using poles.
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Additional supply list will be provided by instructor prior to class
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• We recommend that all participants continue to wear masks at this time, however, in accordance with CDC guidelines, exceptions can be made for fully vaccinated individuals
• Fully vaccinated individuals may remove masks for outdoor classes, but we recommend continuing to maintain a 4’-6’ distance from other participants
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering unless farther than 6’ from other participants in an outdoor class
• At this time masks are required for all participants indoors regardless of vaccination status
• Bring your own food and water
• We reserve the right to modify requirements as recommended by NPS regulations or local county health orders at the time of class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.