Drawing Sun- FlowersAugust 28, 2021
Summer is the time for warmth, exuberance, and relaxation. Colored Pencils are a fun, safe and portable and meditative way to express oneself artistically.
Join me online (Zoom) in my studio to draw the beautiful flowers of summers- sunflowers, zinnias and other summer flowers, or favorite flowers from your own garden.
We will explore a variety of colored pencil techniques and learn how to blend, burnish and create new colors while incorporating the techniques of botanical drawing. We will focus on color theory, color application, value and form. All levels welcome.
Nina Antze has a Fine Arts degree and a Certificate in Botanical Illustration from the New York Botanical Gardens and studied at the Ruskin School of Art in Oxford. She teaches throughout California and beyond. Her Chinese Maple was recently selected for the deYoung Open. View her botanicals at pcquilt.com
-This workshop will be held online, links to be provided upon registration
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined
– Please arrive online 5 mins early to get settled
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
*Art Supplies will be emailed closer to start date to participants*
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Your own choice of sunflower or other composite flower to draw
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!