Grab Your Camera and Go! Travel Photography with the iPhoneSat, April 1
Traveling with your iPhone is the Best! Photograph that grand landscape, capture the wonderful faces of the land you travel, create a unique image of that iconic building—all with your phone.
Learn settings, compositional elements; and how to control your focus, exposure and other camera features to capture the magic and excitement of your travel adventures with the greatest travel companion–your iPhone camera!!!
Part One : Getting Started
- Gaining control over your camera with basic settings, compositional considerations
Part Two: Diving Deeper
- Controlling the camera for more control of exposure, focus, shutter speeds, choice of lenses
Part Three: Going All In
- Panoramic, close up photography, portraits, filters, videos.
Part Four: Wrapping It Up
- Artistic considerations, some great apps for fine tuning images and creativity
**All camera phones are welcome, but we will be demonstrating on an iPhone
Susan and Neil Silverman have treasured, thought and taught photography together for over 20 years. Sharing their knowledge and experience is as exciting as capturing the image itself. They strive to inspire their students with knowledge, insight and techniques to create new pathways of individual expression for each person.
Photo Credit: Susan and Neil Silverman
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley, Point Reyes
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring
Fully charged iPhone and charging cord to be used if necessary
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute volunteer facilitator, or are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Send an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we ask all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
• Masks are optional but are strongly recommended when indoors or if gathered closely outside
• Please bring your own food and water
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.