The iPhone – In the Palm of Your HandSat, June 18
It is so easy to take out your phone and grab that photo; but with a little knowledge and practice, your photos can become real “keepers”.
Maximize the potential of that phone camera. The phones may be smart; but YOU can be smarter. With updated techniques and some great easy to use apps, your photos will be exciting and meaningful.
Working with Natural Light
Depth of Field in Portraiture
Achieving Sharp Images that will Print Beautifully
Macro and Detail Photography
Editing in the Phone with easy to use apps.
We have been teaching DSLR photography for many years and have succinctly honed much of that knowledge into practical methods for the smart phones. It is a fun class that will make your friends OOH and AAH over your phone photos. We will have time for lecture, demonstration, discussion and opportunity to photograph and actually try out our new techniques. There is no more beautiful place than PT Reyes to practice your new knowledge!!!
Susan and Neil Silverman (a husband-wife duo) have taught, traveled and photographed for over twenty-five years. Their published photos have appeared in many various publications. They photograph for the Santa Rosa Symphony. They embrace the technology and creative aspects of the digital world. But to share knowledge, techniques and inspiration with their students is their final destination.
Photo Credit: The Silvermans
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
iPhone and charger
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Comfortable shoes for short walks
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Masks are optional outdoors for fully vaccinated individuals, but we recommend continuing to maintain a 4’-6’ distance from other participants or wearing a mask if gathered closely together
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering at all times
• Masks are optional indoors for vaccinated participants but strongly recommended
• Bring your own food and water
• We reserve the right to modify requirements as recommended by NPS regulations or local county health orders at the time of class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.