Whale Watching WondersMarch 26, 2022
The Point Reyes National Seashore Association is proud to host our annual Whale Watching Wonders event. We are excited to be hosting three tours, each on different Saturdays of March. Come help us count the many whales that pass by the coast, as they make their way North with their newborn babies! This outdoor event is designed for family fun, and everyone is welcome. We will meet at the Chimney Rock parking lot, where PRNSA staff will guide you near the cliffs’ edge. Help us spot whales through scopes and binoculars. In between whale sightings, we will offer lessons on cetacean biology and behavior. It will be a fun and interactive day watching the largest animals in our National Seashore with your family. This is a very low cost event with limited space so register today and mark your calendar!
– Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the event, parking fills fast and we will leave the area at 10:00 sharp!
– There is no on site registration
– We will be meeting at the Chimney Rock Parking Lot, GPS available upon registration
– Chimney Rock has a small parking lot, please carpool as best as you can
– The road to Chimney Rock is narrow, drive with caution
– Children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian
– The hike to Chimney Rock is one kilometer in length with slight elevation gain and rugged terrain
– Waitlists are available and highly recommended
– Sales end 48 hours before the event
– For those interested in this event in Spanish, visit our website for the Spanish Edition, Bienvenida a las Ballenas
– In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and very appreciated
What to Bring:
- Warm variable weather clothing
- Day pack
- Bagged lunch
- Water bottle
- Hiking shoes
- Sun protection
- Binoculars (Optional)
- Camera (Optional)
- Good Attitude (Not Optional)
Get to the Point:
Point Reyes National Seashore Association is proud to host Get to the Point, a series of free and low-cost events for young adults and families interested in exploring the National Seashore in a new way. Every program is designed to be both educational and entertaining for adults and children. You can register for events on our website at ptreyes.org. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to be the first to know about events. For any questions about current or future events, please email email@example.com, or call at 415-663-1200, ext. 307.
In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and greatly appreciated.