Woodblocks – Timeless Art of Designing, Carving & PrintingAugust 13, 2022
Meet me at the Red barn Classroom for a day of learning and making woodblock prints.
Beginner or experienced participants will enjoy a day of making & creating. All tools and materials are supplied, or choose to bring your own favorite tools and materials.
The timeless Art of Woodblocks is a three step process; design a landscape or nature image, layout your design and carve it in a woodblock, and pull prints until you like the image.
Beginners to experienced participants welcome!
Joan will demonstrate and then work individually with you to achieve a beautiful print.
Joan Hoffmann has taught with PRNSA for over twenty years – the Pt Reyes landscape is special to her. She paints impressionistic landscapes in oil and watercolors and she enjoys teaching and passing along what she has learned. Woodblocks fascinate her and she loves the black and white and graphics they demand. She lives in Vermont, but California is where she grew up and started her career in painting and where she calls home. www.joanhoffmann.com
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley, Point Reyes
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Masks are optional outdoors for fully vaccinated individuals, but we recommend continuing to maintain a 4’-6’ distance from other participants or wearing a mask if gathered closely together
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering at all times
• Masks are optional indoors for vaccinated participants but strongly recommended
• Bring your own food and water
• We reserve the right to modify requirements as recommended by NPS regulations or local county health orders at the time of class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.