Autumn Colors in Colored PencilOctober 13, 2023
Autumn is the perfect time to explore colored pencil techniques with all the beauty of the changing leaf colors, seed pods, gourds and berries. Their unique colors provide the opportunity to practice mixing and layering color. Learn to create rich reds, browns and purples. We will explore a variety of colored pencil techniques including layering, blending, and burnishing.
A supply list will be provided.
Nina Antze has a Fine Arts degree and a Certificate in Botanical Illustration from the New York Botanical Gardens and studied at the Ruskin School of Art in Oxford. She teaches throughout California and on zoom. Her Chinese Maple was recently selected for the deYoung Open. View her botanicals at www.pcquilt.com
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley, Point Reyes
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring
A materials list will be emailed to registered participants ahead of class
Day Pack (optional)
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Hiking Shoes (optional)
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute volunteer facilitator, or are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Send an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
Please respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms, know that you have had a close exposure, or are suffering from any flu-like or respiratory illness
• Contact the Field Institute if you will not be able to attend due to COVID. You may be eligible to receive a full or partial refund
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
• Masks are optional at your discretion
• Please bring your own food and water
All guidelines are subject to change pursuant to State or County Health order updates.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.