Capturing the World Around You With Your SmartphoneMay 22, 2022
With excellent image quality, portability, and easy images sharing, the smartphone has become the camera of choice for many, and for many it’s their only camera. While you can get captivating images with the native camera app, to unlock the full potential of the camera, third-party apps excel at bringing out the most your camera can offer.
But with the literally thousand’s of apps available, how do to you which are the best? We’ll focus on Lightroom for the smartphone. You’ll learn the techniques and settings to get consistently sharp images and optimize them with tone and color adjustments.
Kick your photo editing to the next level with complex masking made simple with Lightroom’s Premium features for $5/month. You’ll gain more control for capturing better images and optimizing them with its extensive toolset for bring out the most your image has to offer.
After we get comfortable with using our phone cameras and making image adjustments, we will concentrate on the most important aspect of photography: composition. You’ll learn why good composition is more important then almost anything else in photography, and how it entices viewers to spend more time exploring your images.
Finally, we’ll explore how you can easily get your images off your phone and backed up on your computer. Whether you are an avid shutterbug, or merely want to take more interesting photos, this class offers something to everyone that wants to take their smartphone photography to the next level.
Reid J. Thaler is one of the best-known digital photography educators in the Bay Area, having taught at local colleges, universities and other community venues. He helps students take their photographic skills to the next level. His patient and innovative teaching style has inspired students to achieve professional quality work.
– This class will meet at the Red Barn classroom in Bear Valley
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Masks are optional outdoors for fully vaccinated individuals, but we recommend continuing to maintain a 4’-6’ distance from other participants or wearing a mask if gathered closely together
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering at all times
• Masks are optional indoors for vaccinated participants but strongly recommended
• Bring your own food and water
• We reserve the right to modify requirements as recommended by NPS regulations or local county health orders at the time of class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.