Creativity with Your CameraSat, June 19
Bring out your camera and your creativity. Explore techniques and tips to create wonderful photos at beautiful Point Reyes. It is not about the camera, but really about the photographer’s eye and imagination. We will inspire you to “find your vision” and open up techniques to enhance not only your photos, but also your adventures with your camera. It can be a sophisticated DSLR or just a phone camera – all levels of experience and gear are appropriate. Come and be inspired , energized, and enthused about your own camera and your own photography!
The day will be one of demonstrations, discussions, “hands on” with your camera or phone camera. We will work with lighting, depth of field, shutter speed, white balance, ISO, aperture settings – the “nuts and bolts” of the technical aspects of making a great image, but we will also share knowledge and inspiration on the compositional and exciting side of photography that every photographer develops to create their own perspective and story telling ability.
We will meet at the Pierce Point Ranch which is a wonderful backdrop for all aspects of creativity…landscape, nature, macro and close-up images, architecture, and maybe even wildlife! We will meet from 10-4 and have a brown bag lunch at the ranch.
It will be a fun day! You should go home with some lovely photos, some new or rekindled knowledge, and inspiration to find your own “eye” and become a creative and inventive photographer.
Just bring your photo gear, your camera manual if you have one, batteries charged and paper and pen for notes. Bring a lawn chair if it is easy. Don’t forget that the weather can be temperamental, so warm clothing to layer up if you need, good comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and hat.
As a husband and wife team, Susan and Neil Silverman have been “captured” with photography for over twenty-five years –(teaching, leading workshops and working professionally in many venues). They enjoy teaching all aspects of getting a memorable photo: techniques, technical decisions, lighting, compositional elements, and opening the avenues of photographic discoveries for our participants.
-We will be meeting at the Pierce Point Ranch
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Folding chair (optional)
Warm Variable Weather Clothing and Sun Protection
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• We recommend that all participants continue to wear masks at this time, however, in accordance with CDC guidelines, exceptions can be made for fully vaccinated individuals if desired.
• Fully vaccinated individuals may remove masks for outdoor classes if they continue to maintain a 6’ distance from other participants.
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering unless farther than 6’ from other participants in an outdoor class.
• Continue to maintain a 6 foot physical distance from other participants not belonging to your household
• Bring your own food and water
• Current group sizes are still limited, there will be no physical contact or sharing of food and drink, and no shared physical equipment or materials unless they are sanitized before and after use, and used by only one person for the duration of class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.