Cultivating Compassion Through NatureSat, April 20
Scientific studies show that nature plays an important role in enhancing our creativity, compassion and joy. In this Half-day workshop we will explore how the ABCs (Awareness, Belonging and Caring) have a positive impact in reducing stress, anxiety and lifting our spirits.
As a participant you will experience ways of slowing down and relaxing through guided meditations and engage in activities that stimulate your awareness, belonging, caring. You will practice being in the present moment and reducing your stress level by using your five senses in nature.
Bring a box lunch if you wish to stay after the workshop and eat with the other participants.
1. You will explore the role of the ABC’s (Awareness, Belonging and Caring) in increasing well-being
2. You will use your five senses to become more keenly aware of the present moment
3. You will have a better understanding of the role of nature in reducing stress and promoting happiness, creativity, and compassion
Note: Please bring warm clothing and rainwear in case the weather is chilly and/or rainy. Bring a water bottle and sunscreen in case it’s sunny and hot. This class will be cancelled/refunded in advance if there is a forecast for heavy rain.
Andrés Edwards is a certified guide with the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy (ANFT) and an Ambassador of Compassion with Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE). He is an educator and award-winning author of Renewal: How Nature Awakens Our Creativity, Compassion and Joy. Andrés is interested in opening the possibilities for people to embody their well-being offered by nature through experiences that encourage awareness, belonging and caring (compassion).
For more information visit: www.andresedwards.com
Photo Credit: Bill Helsel, used with permission
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom in Bear Valley, Point Reyes
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring
Bring a spirit of curiosity and awareness!
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute volunteer facilitator, or are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Send an Email!
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
Please respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
· Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
· Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms, know that you have had a close exposure, or are suffering from any flu-like or respiratory illness
· Contact the Field Institute if you will not be able to attend due to COVID. You may be eligible to receive a full or partial refund
· Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
· Masks are optional at your discretion
· Please bring your own food and water
All guidelines are subject to change pursuant to State or County Health order updates.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.