Dramatic Shoreline Photography: Five Part SeriesNovember 2, 2021
This course is timed for the extreme high and low tides which provide ideal conditions for photographing some of the most beautiful beaches and estuaries of Pt. Reyes National Seashore. With two guided Saturday field trips and three Tuesday evening Zoom classes, we’ll have plenty of time to both discuss good composition and field techniques, and evaluate your photos from our field shoots.
1. Tuesday 11/2/21 – 7:00pm-9:00pm – Online Class via Zoom
2. Saturday 11/6/21 – 1:00pm-7:00pm – Shoreline Hike Location TBD
3. Tuesday 11/16/21 – 7:00pm-9:00pm – Online Class via Zoom
4. Saturday 11/20/21 – 12:00pm-6:00pm – Shoreline Hike at Schooner Bay and Kehoe Beach
5. Tuesday 11/23/21 – 7:00pm-9:00pm – Online Class via Zoom
Bill Helsel – After a 35+ year career as a freelance photographer and adult education teacher, Bill is now concentrating on his own fine-art work and teaching. His landscape and travel photos have been widely exhibited and appeared in hundreds of publications internationally.
-Links for the online classes and daily meeting locations for the hikes will be emailed to registered participants before each class
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in for hikes
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
-Registration for this class includes participation in all five sessions, partial refunds will not be given. COVID exceptions may be approved.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Waterproof boots for working in surf or mud
Camera with lenses, from wide to telephoto preferred
Lunch Bag (optional)
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Fully vaccinated individuals may remove masks for outdoor classes
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering unless further than 6’ from other participants in an outdoor class
• All participants may be required to wear masks for indoor classes per current CDC and county recommendations at the time of class
• Bring your own food and water
• The sharing of equipment will be minimized and when necessary will include sanitizing before and after use.
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.