Landscape and Travel PhotographyOctober 30, 2021
Create impact in your photography whether you are visiting our local beaches, taking a hike, meandering in a Farmer’s Market, or taking an exciting vacation. What more beautiful and challenging place to learn than Pt Reyes?
We will photograph and practice techniques for challenging lighting situations, composition, exposure, and creativity. All levels of experience and gear are welcome (even smart phones). Learn how to capture those magical moments!! That special moment disappears so easily, but a photograph can help hold on to it.
Our day will consist of lecture and demonstrations, but also, we will get out and about with our cameras and practice. We will have good interactive discussions along with the demos. We do not anticipate any heavy hiking or walking. We will ask that you bring paper and pencil for notes; all your camera gear (and even your camera manual) and a brown bag lunch. Remember to bring water to drink and snacks.
If you have been shooting on the “auto” or “green” mode where the camera is doing all the thinking for you; we want to get you to make the decisions and “make” a memorable photo rather than just take a photo. Become comfortable with the technical decisions and then concentrate on the creative aspect of your photography—you can develop your style and expression.
Come for a fun, inspiring day and take your photography to a new level!!!
The Silvermans (a husband-wife duo) have taught, traveled and photographed for over twenty-five years. Their published photos have appeared in many various publications. They photograph for the Santa Rosa Symphony. They embrace the technology and creative aspects of the digital world. But to share knowledge, techniques and inspiration with their students is their final destination.
Photo Credit: Susan and Neil Silverman
-We will be meeting at a location TBD within the Point Reyes National Seashore
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
CAMERA WITH BATTERY CHARGED
ALL CAMERA GEAR THAT YOU HAVE (TRIPODS, FILTERS, FLASH ETC)
CAMERA MANUAL (IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PAPER FORMAT, DOWNLOAD IT IF POSSIBLE)
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County and CDC guidelines for public health, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Fully vaccinated individuals may remove masks for outdoor classes
• Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face covering unless further than 6’ from other participants in an outdoor class
• All participants may be required to wear masks for indoor classes per current CDC and county recommendations at the time of class
• Bring your own food and water
• The sharing of equipment will be minimized and when necessary will include sanitizing before and after use.
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
Thank you for your continuing cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.